I did look in Finder Help and I did follow the directions. But again, it copied the whole finder not just that one folder. I may have to be happy with that because I definitely need a backup to the folder I chose.

Yes, I did it through the finder because I felt I had no other choice because of the popup window. One of the choices in the popup window was "ignore". When I ignored it, it went away but my disk never showed on the desktop either.

I guess I'll muddle through this. Below is a copy of the finder directions. They don't work for single folders apparently.

Burning a CD or DVD
The Finder can burn files to a CD or DVD. You can then use that disc as a backup, send it to friends, or copy those files to another machine. Mac OS X burns discs that can also be used on Windows computers and other types of computers. Thie disc uses a HFS Plus/ISO 9660 hybrid format with these file systems: HFS+, ISO-9660 with Rock Ridge, and Joliet with Rock Ridge.

If your computer has a Combo drive, you can burn files onto CDs. If your computer has a SuperDrive, you can burn files on CDs and DVDs.

After you drag items to the disc, the Finder places aliases to them in the disc's window. When you burn the disc, the original files that the aliases point to are burned to the disc. In addition, if any folder in the burn folder contains aliases, the original files for those aliases are burned to the disc as well.

Insert a blank disc into the optical drive of your computer.
If you see a dialog, you can choose an action from the pop-up menu and select "Make this action the default" if you want the same thing to happen every time you insert a blank disc.

The disc appears on your desktop.

Double-click the disc to open it, and drag the files and folders you want on it to its window.
The Finder places aliases to the files in the disc's window. The original files are not moved or deleted.

Arrange and rename the files exactly as you want them.
When burning the disc, the Finder gives the items on the disc the same names and locations as the aliases in the disc window. After the disc is burned, you cannot change them.

Choose File > Burn Disc, and follow the instructions.
The files that the aliases point to are burned to the disc. In addition, if any folder you copied contains aliases, the original files for those aliases are burned to the disc as well.

If the Finder cannot find the original file for an alias, it asks whether to cancel burning or to continue without that item. If you cancel, the disc remains empty.

If you eject the disk without burning it, the Finder creates a burn folder with the items you copied to the disc, and places that folder on your desktop.

To burn a disc that appears in the sidebar, click the burn icon that appears next to it. You can also hold down the Control key as you click any disc and choose Burn Disc from the shortcut menu.

You can also burn discs using applications such as Disk Utility, iTunes, iPhoto, or iDVD.

If you frequently burn the same items to disc, create a burn folder by choosing File > New Burn Folder, and copy those items to it. Then, to create a disc with those items, just open the burn folder and click Burn.

If you want to burn items to a disk in more than one session until the disc is full, use Disk Utility. This is called multisession burning. For more information, open Disk Utility (in /Applications/Utilities), choose Help > Disk Utility Help, and search.

Thanks, Artie.

Rita

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8