I've got a 2006 core duo intel iMac 1.83 Ghz, 2 gigs RAM running Snow Leopard. I tried the cleanup function on a free program from MacKeeper.com. It froze up twice in the same place so I just deleted the program but I think it shuffled some things around.
The Computer seems to have all my files but the startup window with accounts came on without my picture [?]
Running Disk utility permissions is also strange. In verify permissions after the list of permissions to be repaired It shows the following:

> Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManager/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired."

The repair function goes through with radically off time estimates to the order of 57 minutes but instead finishing in 5. After permissions repair complete, when reopened, disk utility 'verify permissions' finds another fairly long list of items with altered permissions and the same warning at the end. Previously running this utility would repair permissions pretty much completely until there was a new software download or update.

How do find and fix this?