I think a lot depends on what you mean by "taste."

If you're talking to physical sensations, such as smell and taste, then these are largely learned things. Not entirely learned; for someone equipped with a normal range of sense organs, certain things will always be unpleasant (hydrogen sulfide, ammonia) and certain things will always be pleasant (sugar, honey) because those sensations carry survival value. Our ancestors are the ones who were repulsed by the smell of hydrogen sulfide from rotten food and attracted to the sugar of high-calorie food, and our tastes are programmed accordingly. But there's still room in there for learning; I never used to like sushi, and now I love it.

If you're talking about tastes in hair or fashion or social mannerisms, that stuff is all 100% learned. High-heeled shoes were invented for men, not women; yet today's tastes disapprove of men who wear them (and approve of women who do, in spite of the fact that it's nearly impossible to appear graceful while wearing them). Tastes in hair styles vary all over the map; orange Mohawks are just fine with me, but I've always considered the mullet to be absolutely ridiculous. I can remember a time when the idea of a man wearing an earring was shocking, and nowadays you see investment bankers with earrings and body piercings.

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html