Originally Posted By: tacit
But then, I also don't like Scotch (or whiskey generally), wine (always tastes harsh and kind of like turpentine to me), or beer (I've never sampled a beer that wasn't so bitter it made me want to heave), so I'm willing to concede the issue may be with the peculiarities of my taste buds rather than with the drinks themselves.
That's what I have concluded about my aversion to goat cheese and lamb. I have found the taste of lamb to be disgusting ever since I was little. Goat cheese has similar components to me. My wife can't understand this since she has always liked both. Once, she got me to try a small sliver of, according to her, an excellent goat cheese. I spent 10 minutes bent over the sink trying to wash the taste out of my mouth. Needless to say, she never asked again. In fact, even the slightest hint of "lambiness" or "goatiness" makes me want to gag.

Considering that so many people like these items, it must be something in my genes.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365