Originally Posted By: macnerd10
Thanks, guys! First, the serial number advice was correct. It does end with EUE. As to the manufacturing date, there is a catch. I found two programs that detect manufacture date. One is an online program, chipmunk (http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html), that states the date being the week of February 5, 2011 (it gets the info from typed-in serial number). This makes sense. The other program is downloadable and works from the computer detecting the manufacture date from the machine (coconutidentityCard 2.4). This one states that the date is between 01/29/2001 and 02/04/2001 (!). Looks like the manufacturer (Foxconn) did not write the right info in the computer. I think, therefore, that TTP5 gets the date of manufacture off of the computer right (unless both programs made the same mistake, which I doubt).

P.S. the coconutidentityCard software also checks whether the computer is in the stolen computers database. Mine was not grin

the format for the mac sns is PPYWWxxxxxxxx where PP is the plant code, and Y and WW are the year and week of manufacture. So with only one digit to represent year, there is ambiguity between 2011 and 2001 when Y is "1". This has been an issue for several years wink

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department