Originally Posted By: ryck
....about the drinking part. Do you add anything to the final brew? Or does that depend on the tea? My wife's mother, who is British, has always had tea with milk and always put the milk in her cup first, so she was adding the tea to milk rather than milk into the tea.
I like my tea unadulterated; no milk, no sugar, no honey, and definitely no ketchup. tongue When I visited England, I saw that the Brits had the habit of sticking teabags in the pot and leaving them there. They had a separate pot of plain water that was used to dilute the tea in the cup after it had become over-brewed (and, I might add, very tannic). The only tea that I had in UK was from Tetley teabags. I concluded that the English may like their tea, but they don't know squat about quality or brewing techniques. Of course, that's not surprising considering the quality of English food.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365