Originally Posted By: ryck
I'm preparing a note for the SD Support people and will advise.

I've had several bits of correspondence with Super Duper (and kudos to them for being really prompt with replies) but, so far, I haven't netted anything good.

The bottom line is that I am accessing the file on the Super Duper clone as I should but I am not getting the correct result. That is, I should get a copy that doesn't need the password but it is inexplicably always required.

My backup is the correct type to have a clean copy of the file and SD thought it must be a case of backing up after the change. However, that is not what happened. I very definitely backed up the day before.

So, I am wondering if the problem can be with Excel. In the past I have found that Microsoft tends to "take liberties" and I wonder if they might populate the password in places where it's not wanted - such as the SD clone.

Because it is a clone the Permissions are the same as my main drive:

System - Read and Write
Admin - Read and Write
Everyone - Read Only

Would the System Permission facilitate such an act?

Interestingly, a Get Info for the clone drive has the correct creation date and time (Saturday morning). However, it also says it was modified yesterday (Sunday) at 12:47. It was not modified by me. The only action I took was trying to open the Excel file.

ryck

Last edited by ryck; 02/28/11 06:33 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C