You can't think of any reason a smart phone would be handy? confused Really?

It doesn't sound as if you're sincerely interested in the first place, so i won't put much effort into this post. I had to go to the bank today and wait (over) 40 minutes to see a manager. While waiting i listened to a few of the (over) 4000 songs i carry around in my pocket, and afterwards read a bit from one of the (over) 30 books i carry around in my pocket -- all of which are on my iPod. (the book was Conrad's "Tales of Unrest" -- free on iBooks, as are the rest i own... but bestseller-type books can be also purchased as well. According to system preferences, i have 187 apps on my iPod. (it would take a while to detail what i find them useful for... but i can say that over 80% of them were free). If it were an iPhone and if i needed to tell someone i would be late, then (obviously) having a phone would be extremely useful. (i also have a cell phone, but it's not an iPhone... long story). Some apps are for fun and some are purely productive.

Seriously, i could probably post for hours about all those other apps i have... but, just like you said:

Why should I?!

Edit: everything i said about Skype & sipgate on my iPad in <this post> applies to my iPod as well.

Some apps might be useful only on rare occasions... but invaluable nonetheless. (SoundHound comes to mind).

Final words: life is short, have fun, do what makes you happy.

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 02/25/11 11:06 PM.