I am having problems with apps downloaded from the App Store on my iMac quad core which is running in 64 bit mode. They apparently download normally, but when I attempt to launch them they die with an error 173. But the plot sickens, or maybe that should be "thickens" because they download and install perfectly on my Macbook Air. However, if I copy the app from my Macbook Air to the iMac it works perfectly. Based on Apple Discussion posts I have repaired permissions but that has no effect as far as I can tell. The error message is always the same:

Quote:
2/2/11 1:49:57 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.503[200] ([0x0-0x53053].com.lagente.pinpoint[507]) Exited with exit code: 173

Note: I have to zip the app to copy it because there are permission problems that prevent a direct copy. I also have to trash the version downloaded from App Store on the iMac because there is always an active task that prevents overwriting it. Last but not least I have to "validate" the copied app with the App Store.

I am waiting for a reply from Developer Programs but in the meantime I am wondering:
  • Have any of you encountered any problems with downloads from the App Store?
  • Any speculation what might be causing the problem on my iMac?
  • Has anyone figured out how to redownload and/or reinstall an App Store app?
  • Am I the only one using the App Store?

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein