So, it's been awhile but here's the lowdown on the disk errors on the Seagate Momentous that shipped in my MBP:

I went back to where I purchased the MBP and after a 'conversation,' that escalated to a manager, I was offered two alternatives, a so-called 'new' Hitachi installed for free and the remainder of the one-year Applecare warranty would cover the computer *and* the drive or I could bring in the drive of my choice and have it installed for free and the remainder of the one-year warranty would only cover the computer. In either case the data would be transferred for free, but big whoop, some tech gets access to all my email addresses and files. No thanks. Plus, the error might be copied to the new drive. I opted to buy a WD Scorpion Black with a 5-year warranty after I called them and spoke to support and was reassured it had no shock protection, only head-parking and was certified for the MBP. Only 6-months left on the Apple warranty anyway and I really don't believe that they would put a new drive in a used computer. (Call me skeptical, but I had to ask several times for my old drive back after they put the new one in.) Don't mean to sound so cranky, but the whole situation should not have happened and when it was discovered should have been a recall. This new drive is SO quiet, no vibration, I love it! and a 5 year warranty! My credit card might even double it to 10, who knows. I'm a happy camper. (I don't camp) Thanks again to all my friends on FTM!

Mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13"
2.4GHz, 750GB SATA HD, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.7.5
1 HDX1500 2TB Ext.HD, 2 HDX1500 1TB Ext.HD
HP Laserjet 6MP printing postscript via 10/100 Intel print server
Netgear WN2500RP Range Extender (Ira rocks!)
Linksys WRT1900AC Wireless Router
Brother MFC-9340CDW Color Laser
iPad Air