Originally Posted By: MacManiac
Artie,

This appears to be a legacy topic that is directed primarily at Windows users. I saw no mention of it affecting the MacOS in the manner that was described for Windows......doesn't mean that it doesn't, just that it wasn't getting comments from the Mac community.

FWIW, your link is dated information tracing back to April 2005 and was last updated in May of 2006. A deeper Google search was not any more informative for recent hits.

I found a pair of Apmebf cookies when I searched in my Safari repository and removed same, but have not noted any observable adverse or unusual affects prior to removing them.....I'll report back if they recur.

I, too, didn't find anything that indicated that this was a Mac issue, nor have I noticed any unusual behavior (which is not to say that something's not just slipping by me) but cookies are so generic that concern seems warranted.

And as for apmefb.com's "antiquity," which I also noted... From where has it been resurrected, and why is PayPal spreading it?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire