Originally Posted By: Hal Itosis
The eq plist holds settings for the eq sliders only. It has no knowledge of which songs those settings get associated with.

The connection between a particular song and a particular eq is held in the "/Users/you/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library" file... which is more easily viewable by other programs (like TextWrangler) in the xml version of same: "/Users/you/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml"

Yep... That was the only thing left when the file turned out to not be what it sounded like it was. tongue (I've never touched my sliders, so I assume the file's current contents are default settings.)

It seems odd to me, though, that all of a songs (Is) metadata (the correct word?) other than its Prefs > Options > Equalizer Preset and, I think, Volume Adjustment are attached to its file in ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music and can be easily restored, while the only way to restore equalizer and volume settings appears to be by importing an existing ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml (Edit: or is it ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library, or is it both) file (as opposed to populating [a] new one[s]).

Last edited by artie505; 12/04/10 05:31 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire