> No one imagines that the image they post would later be sold in another context.

"No one" imagines that will happen because "no one," myself very often included, reads the legalese and educates hirself to the fact that it can happen.

Coming from an accounting/business background and many years of reading both well and poorly written legal documents I'm really only playing devils-advocate here, kevs...pointing out that what may seem to be 100% unlikely may, at the same time, be 100% within the realm of possibility.

I'll take another tack here and post the (only minimal in this context) up-front, in-your-face terms of service of ArtiePics...free hosting:
  • I will provide free storage space on my servers for your uploaded pics which, by definition, have no commercial value to you.
  • I will provide free processing in the form of a list of URLs that you may use to link to your pics.
  • I will provide free bandwidth to make the links functional.
  • In return, I reserve the right to distribute any of your pics that I determine have commercial value and to profit therefrom.
I'll bet that would scare the bejeezus out of most potential users, a great many of whom, I suspect, would upload anyhow because their pics of Grandma standing by the tree are most assuredly valueless (and they didn't realize that Madonna was standing on the other side of the tree grin ).

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire