Originally Posted By: dkmarsh

The recording function of Script Editor is pretty much non-existent in OS X, except for Finder (and even that's pretty flakey)...

If it's non-existent in OS X, does that mean it's being phased out by failure to maintain it until nobody wants to use it? I hate to invest in something that has no future. BTW, the link that you provided for the Excel 2004 AppleScript Reference downloaded in less than 10 seconds. That's pretty good for 1.8MB over the Internet. I'll see if it provides me with a way to get the job done.

Is there anything similar to this reference if I want to use Automator instead of AppleScript?

Thanks a lot for your response and suggestions. They're very much appreciated. smile

P.S. How tough is it for a non-programmer to become reasonably competent using Visual Basic? That seems to be what Microsoft wants us to use on Excel 2008. Visual Basic is also mentioned frequently in the pages I've looked at in the Excel 2004 AppleScript Reference to which you referred me.

Last edited by JoBoy; 11/22/10 01:43 AM.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5