Joe, terrific response and thank you too. It's good to meet someone else who understands that superfast trained touch typists like me (and you?) get a better response, and continue to type superfast, with keys which go Up and Down and preferably make a noise too. I've tried silent keyboards and just plain Hate.Them. Other peoples' laptops, for instance, have me shouting out loud "I CAN TYPE, DAMMIT!!!"

Keyboard power key, not an issue, yep.

The rest of your recommendations, I'm not prepared to spend that much (even when dollars are translated into pounds). I checked out the Goldtouch k/b (twice) though, and it's too much extra don't need......the split keyboard, I mean.

All I want is a solidly built, full size, desktop size, plug-in, proper keyboard which isn't designed to death. Ergonomic, that's the word.

Today as an experiment I swapped the Macally k/b from the iMac to connect it to the G4 (with the recalictrant Lindy k/b) and tried half a day of work on this iMac with the superslim aluminium designed iKeyboard which came with it. I was appalled. This thing, this slim thin thing is the worst bit of UNergonomic engineering I've ever used in my life. You only have to look at it to start getting RSI (repetitive stress injury - much like your Carpal Tunnel). They're FLAT on the desk, not raised up. Your wrists are also FLAT on the desk when they should be raised up for repetitive typing! Why didn't old-style typists get RSI? Because their wrists were raised up, their fingers pushed down (and they had to return the carriage), that's why!