First, I just edited my truncated post, and now I'm not the least bit certain about my edit. frown

Originally Posted By: Hal Itosis
>> "Global Privacy Settings" gives no visual indication of which pref I've set.<<
Yeah, i think that's by "design"... i.e., Adobe wants it that way (or don't want to put any effort into improving the display/behavior?).

You can visually check by looking at "Website Privacy Settings," but I still can't figure out how to read it in "settings.sol."

Quote:
>>When I change my pref for a website I've already visited in "Website Privacy Settings" the change does not stick, rather it reverts to my global default.<<
Again, my suspicions are that they're not truly seeking to make all that stuff work properly. (not as users would desire/expect). Or maybe web designers have found ways around Adobe's intended Flash behavior?

Precisely why I'd like to be able to read "settins.sol..." so I don't have to visit Macromedia time after time.

Quote:
>>Website Storage Settings" loses its check in the "Never Ask Again" box, and the pref must be reset by hand for each new website I visit.<<
Ditto. There's just no telling where the "problem" really originates.

The odd thing, though, is even though that setting looks like it's changed in the Macromedia pref pane it still looks right in "settings.sol."

Quote:
Then again, i'm no Flash expert... and i'd like to know the right answers myself.

Ditto!

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire