As Safari 1.3.2 has become increasingly unable to open many newer websites, often quitting in the process, I have started to use Camino 1.6.8 (I tried Firefox 2.0.0.20 but find it unbearably slow).

When I find a web page with information I am interested in keeping on my HD for offline access, I cut and paste the text and graphics into a TextEdit document rather than save the whole page as an .html document for several reasons: because I really don't want all the extraneous elements on the page, because I prefer to have the appearance of just one .rtfd file rather than an .html file and its associated folder, and because Safari doesn't save the graphics.

In Safari, cutting and pasting preserves the graphics and text formatting, including weblinks (in Panther) and some page formatting as well (in Tiger), whereas in Camino and Firefox cutting and pasting yield text only in Helvetica 12 point, losing all formatting. Does anybody know why this is? Is there some preference setting I'm missing that would allow cutting and pasting with preservation of the graphics and formatting?

TIA for any insight you can offer.

Last edited by dianne; 08/05/09 01:57 PM. Reason: moved from “Mac OS X Applications.”

MacBook Pro, 2.66 Ghz Intel Core i7, 4GB RAM, 500 GB HD, OSX 10.6.8