First, let me say I envy anyone who gets their signals off-air, particularly if they're in a city large enough to have plenty of signals. I, unfortunately, am at the bottom of a valley so line-of-sight signals are not an option. I am therefore at the mercy of suppliers who can teach the banks a few lessons on how to nickel and dime their way to riches.

Originally Posted By: grelber
Given that I acquire my TV signals over the air from local transmission towers, I would like to continue to do so down the road.

Have you looked at Durham Radio ? They seem to have a fair amount of stuff. As well, Consumer Reports has some advice.

Originally Posted By: grelber
On the other hand, it might be a blessing in disguise. News via radio and newspaper (just like before the 1950s).....

Unless you're in one of the cities that has been reduced to a single local paper and, in the absence of competition, the one left standing isn't great quality. Fortunately there are still radio options.

ryck

Last edited by ryck; 09/16/10 08:24 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C