Originally Posted By: jchuzi
Besides, this is a very minor issue because all I have to do is click the Show Details button in the SU window. My impression is that this behavior is not a bug but has been deliberately designed into 10.6.

Seems that way to me as well.

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
I assume that Hal Itosis is on his annual hiatus. Hopefully, he'll see this thread when he returns. If anyone can tweak 10.6 to modify this, he can.

Yes i was. And --as usual --i always feel a bit rusty when i get back (Unix??? what's that?). I'll look into it later perhaps, when i regain my tech chops.

smile

Originally Posted By: artie505
Quote:
What I miss is the ability to Download and Keep, and Download, Install and Keep, that existed in Tiger - for those of us with more than one Mac this is tedious, we have to go to Apple Downloads and find each and every recommended update

I rarely use Software Update, preferring to get my d/l's directly from Apple...not really all that tedious if you keep up to date, because the newest ones are always at the top of the list, and perhaps all users with multiple Macs should consider doing the same, because some SU d/l's are tailored to the Mac doing the d/l'ing and may not be appropriate for all Macs.

<aol> Me too </aol>. I only use SU to find out what's needed... then i head for http://support.apple.com/downloads/ to get the item(s). It's nice to have the dmg handy for updating other Macs (or bootable partitions), and maybe check the SHA1 digest on security/system updates.

--

Good to see the FTM gang is still here!!!