ok I'm picking nits but I can't help it, it's in my nature

Originally Posted By: grelber
3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend ... except one. Which animal does not attend?

Correct Answer: The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there.
This tests your memory.

This makes the basic assumption that there's one of each animal to consider. One elephant, specifically, there are no other elephants to attend the meeting. You could get into "all the animals" attend, but whether you want to interpret that as "one of each" or "EVERY", either 3 or 4 doesn't work, unless you're assuming "EVERY" and that you put ALL the elephants in the fridge, which isn't very intuitive.

Originally Posted By: grelber
4. There is a river you must cross, but it is used by crocodiles and you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

Correct Answer: You jump into the river and swim across. Have you not been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting. This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.

Now you're stating "used by crocodiles" and "All the crocodiles", more than one. It wouldn't make much sense to have a river with one croc in it anyway.

Questions 1 and 2 also put at odds the question of whether or not to consider physical size and capacity of containers. If the fridge is big enough to hold a giraffe, who's to say it doesn't have space left for an elephant too?

The test isn't very fair. Its only purpose appears to be to make people feel dumb wink

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department