Responding to both you and dkmarsh...

1. Your posting that you had ignored updates but were unable to post a list - "Agree, it's hard to advise about skipped updates without specifics, and I will try to work up a list." - was a strong argument in favor of your having "Ignored" them in the sense I've been using...most assuredly did not suggest that you had simply unchecked them, because if such was the case Software Update would have shown you those updates every time you ran it and you'd have posted the list immediately.

Your posts to date indicate that your unchecked updates got installed somewhere along the line...before you saw the "Genius." (Some of them may have been included in Combo Updates and gotten installed without your having realized, but it's not likely that they all did.)

2. Perhaps my version of SU works differently than the version you guys are running, but in my case, when I click on "Software Update" in my menu bar while it is "Checking for new software" I see "Reset Ignored Updates" grayed out, but after SU has done its thing and I've clicked on "Show Details" it is no longer grayed out and I'm able to "Reset Ignored Updates."

Since your posts indicated that you actually had "Ignored" updates, there was a real possibility that you had clicked on your menu bar too soon.

Hope this clarifies things. smile

Last edited by artie505; 08/19/10 08:26 AM. Reason: Cleanup

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire