Originally Posted By: dkmarsh

... as I mentioned earlier, if you've never taken the action called "ignoring" an update, there are no "ignored updates" to reset, and thus the menu command is dimmed.

Aha! Now I think the light dawns! Thank you for persevering on that when I obviously didn't get it before. (I did vaguely wonder what got "reset.") Okay, when some more updates become available, I'll explore the "ignoring" and "resetting" operations in Software Update, and apply them along the lines you've hinted at.

And thanks for that link; very handy page there.

BTW, while we're tweaking my Software Update: I have it set to check weekly, but I don't know how to adjust the time of the week, and I'm usually into something else late Sunday when Software Update starts bouncing in the Dock. I must not be the first to wonder about this. Is there a setting for this somewhere? Not obvious to me in SU Help. TIA, anybody.

Last edited by Jack Reed; 08/19/10 01:23 AM. Reason: Whoa, I may have found it n this page: http://www.macworld.com/article/139860/2009/04/schedulesoftwareupdate.html. Seems to me I tried it, and it worked for a week or two, and returned to the previous time, though.