Don't get me wrong I love my Magic Mouse but I have some stand alone Java applications, not Java or Javascript applets running in a browser, I use every day, NeoOffice and Moneydance, and in those applications the Magic Mouse scrolling is so sensitive it is almost impossible to select an item in a list or accurately select a block of text. In System Preferences > Mouse I have set the scrolling speed to the slowest setting and turned off momentum, but that does not seem to have any effect in either application. In NeoOffice I selected "Ignore trackpad gestures" in hopes it would solve the problem -- no joy.

AFICT this only happens in Java applications but it happens in every Java application I have tried. The only thing I have found that works is to turn scrolling off in System Preferences > Mouse, but that sort of defeats the purpose of the Mighty Mouse in the first place. I checked the Apple Discussions, but so far I have not found where the Mighty Mouse is lodged in those forums, but I have submitted a bug report to Apple Feedback.

I have three questions for this forum:
  1. Has anyone else encountered this phenominum in Java applications?
  2. If so have you found a solution other than disabling Might Mouse scrolling?
  3. Even if you haven't run into this, do you have any suggestions for a better solution?
This is becoming annoying!

Last edited by joemikeb; 08/10/10 04:03 PM. Reason: correct mouse type

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein