I haven't had a lot of time for reading lately. I have so many projects going on right now, I'm putting up a new whiteboard just to keep track of all of them! Tow of those projects actually involve writing books; I've been stalled for a long time on the book about polyamory I'm writing, and I've also started tossing around the notion of writing an illustrated humor book with an artist friend of mine called Do-It-Yourself Taxidermy of Faeries, Leprechauns, and Other Fey Folk.

The two books that are currently sitting in my neglected to-read pile are The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, and The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable by Nassim Taleb. The latter is a book about how our brains, hard-wired by adaptation to seek patterns even where none exist, attempt to impose order onto chaotic events and so mislead us about the amount of chaos and disorder in everything from weather patterns to politics. It was given to me by a rather lovely young lady I met and played with at a BDSM convention a few months back, who is also the artist that I plan to start working on the humor book with (and who has subsequently started dating one of my girlfriends, which will probably make it into the book on polyamory)...itself a rather nice illustration of randomness and chaos, I think.

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html