Hi all,

I was troubleshooting my mom's computer over the phone (she's got an 867 Quicksilver running 10.5 and Word '08, but the troubleshooting had to do with Time Machine), and asked her to save the Word docs she was working on and restart her computer.

When she returned to the desktop after restart, one of her documents was gone. She searched everywhere, according to her, but couldn't find it. I went over there yesterday to do a search, and when looking for the file, there was one error message saying a document with the same name was already open and the autosave doc couldn't be recovered.

My mom had re-downloaded the doc from June 1 from email (unedited version) and had it open. I renamed that one and the search turned up nothing.

The autosave cache revealed no such document. She did check the document I renamed but it was the unedited version.

My question after that long, drawn-out explanation is this:

Barring human error (this is more likely than I can possibly express to you), the bottom line is that this document my mom had spent a week on appears to be gone. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be able to do to attempt recovery of this doc? (It wasn't in trash and she hadn't emptied it, and Word is on 5-minute autosave.)

Thanks for reading!

MJ