Originally Posted By: dkmarsh
Forgive me if this is too obvious, but is the OFF-ON switch in your Extensions prefpane turned ON? I see SnapBack listed there as expected, but I note that if the switch is turned OFF, the list vanishes altogether.
Yes, it was turned ON. That's the first thing that I checked. In case it occurs to anyone, there are no third-party plugins installed (Saft included). I have had problems with bugs in the update to Saft so I uninstalled it, and am awaiting a fix from the developer.

EDIT: OK, I decided to try it again. For whatever reason, it worked. AFAIK, I didn't do anything different the first time so I'll probably never know why.

SnapBack doesn't seem to have exactly the same functionality as Apple's version, way back when. If I start with site A and switch to site B, then go to links from B, SnapBack takes me to A. In Apple's old version, it would snap back to the first page of B. The workaround is to open B in a new tab.

Last edited by jchuzi; 06/11/10 11:05 AM.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365