I upgraded to Safari 5 a few minutes ago. I will add to this later but let me give my first impressions:

Reader is a very welcome addition to Safari. When Safari detects an article, a Reader icon appears in the address bar and, if you click it, you get the article superimposed over the page that you had been in. The article has no extraneous material. If you hover the mouse over the bottom of the article, there are options to zoom in, zoom out, email the article, print the article and close out of it (returning to the original article's page, which can also be done by clicking outside the area of the Reader). Alternatively, you can get into Reader via the View menu or by pressing ⇧-⌘-R.

Reader seems to be a very desirable addition. Also, the Search field now includes Bing as well as Google and Yahoo. I have experimented only briefly with Bing but it seems to work well.

Naturally, Saft doesn't yet work with Safari 5 and I expect that Hao Li will issue an update in the very near future, as is his practice.

Oh yes, one feature seems to be broken. I had set previous versions of Safari to open with my home page when I launched it. It now shows a blank page and I have to manually click the Home icon to get there.

Last edited by jchuzi; 06/07/10 11:56 PM.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365