Okay, so i bit.

Air Display does work... even functions within the "Spaces" context. Right now i have a terminal window (via space 1) on my iPad's screen [a dream come true... almost wink ], and i switched to space 5 and slid the Activity Monitor window over there. I can interact a bit with stuff in those windows by clicking on (beg pardon) by touching them on my iPad. E.g., *buttons* (or panels) behave well, such as those in Activity Monitor's main display. It's pretty strange, as soon as i touch something on the iPad, my mouse cursor flies off the MBP screen and becomes a cursor over on the iPad. shocked Blasphemy!

But i guess that's expected multi-screen behavior. However, the "interface" isn't all there (nor is it intended to be *yet* i'd imagine): single clicks err, touches work fine, and it seems i can move the windows with two fingers as well... but other stuff (selecting text for example) is simply too awkward. [and once selected, i'd need to do the copy part on the Mac, as there is simply no facility (that i can see anyway) within Air Display's uh... display. So hence the name "display" i guess (as opposed to 'screen share' or whatever).] Of course —from my MBP's trackpad and keyboard, i can manipulate everything (on the iPad's screen) as usual with multi-screen setups.

It's not without its quirks, but i haven't spotted anything to call a bug yet. It pretty much works as described, and fairly fast too. I had to back off my firewall settings a bit to allow its "ScreenCapture app" (inside an installed "Air Display" prefPane on the MBP) to permit communication to pass, and sometimes it still takes two or three tries for the connection to get properly initiated. But it performs well from that point on.

I'll have to find some truly "magical" purpose to put this to. But for right now, having a terminal window to glance over at (and type into from my MBP) is a pretty cool start.