Originally Posted By: artie505
In an extraneous e-mail from Ted Landau he mentioned running Snow Leopard on either an 8Gb or 16Gb flash drive, so I knew it could be done on an 8, but I was close to tearing my hair out, what with not being able to get the installation small enough, until I remembered to disable safe sleep and trash /var/vm/sleepimage.

Ah, right you are... it appears in the first comment here:
...where Ted replies to himself, to update the article. I had forgotten about that sleepimage tidbit. (wonder if i should bother deleting mine or not). I notice that cnet has wrecked the urls in our posts there too. Here is mine again:
That one uses Pacifist in a sneaky way, to install Leopard on a 2 gig flash drive!!!

[edit: i just did a regular (albeit minimal) install off the SL DVD, as opposed to either cloning or tricks with Pacifist.]

Originally Posted By: artie505
I looked at vsdbutil -c in Bwana, but didn't really follow what I read; can you explain why my answer differs from yours?

It's just a way of officially unchecking the "Ignore ownerships on this volume" checkbox. [i mostly threw that in for Virtual1, since it was just discussed in another thread (upstairs).] You'll see it mentioned in that 2nd link as well.

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 05/22/10 10:43 AM. Reason: links & tweaks