Originally Posted By: dkmarsh
For me, languishing here in 10.5.8, the Inspector seems to have a bug in this regard: if the first file or folder I look at says, "You have custom access," then every subsequent file or folder I look at says the same thing. In fact, whatever the permissions "caption" is for the first item examined, that's what I see for every subsequent item.

<snip>

The permissions "table" below the caption changes to reflect the actual permissions, but the caption itself is stuck. Does anyone else see this behavior in 10.5.8 (or any other OS version, for that matter)?

Yes, absolutely true: the Inspector has long been buggy in that regard... since 10.5.0 at least (perhaps earlier).

But i put that part in parens because i was also able to observe the ambiguity via *regular* info windows. Depending on how i went about it (sorry, i don't recall any "reproducible" details), sometimes the info window for /Library/Application Support/ said one thing, and sometimes another.

Perhaps Jon can confirm same?

[bugginess aside, i still maintain that "custom access" doesn't convey any specific useful info.]