Originally Posted By: Hal Itosis
Actually, as i play around a bit (including using the Inspector via command-option-i), sometimes the info window for that /Library/Application Support folder also says "You can read and write" instead.

For me, languishing here in 10.5.8, the Inspector seems to have a bug in this regard: if the first file or folder I look at says, "You have custom access," then every subsequent file or folder I look at says the same thing. In fact, whatever the permissions "caption" is for the first item examined, that's what I see for every subsequent item.

So, for instance, if I select /System and type Command-Option-i, I see "You can only read." If I now navigate my way to ~Library/Scripts/colored_path.scpt (the script I wrote to construct a UBB.threads color-formatted pathname string from a Finder selection), I still see "You can only read!"

The permissions "table" below the caption changes to reflect the actual permissions, but the caption itself is stuck. Does anyone else see this behavior in 10.5.8 (or any other OS version, for that matter)?

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors