for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Unread threads not showing in all forums
dkmarsh #948 08/12/09 12:50 PM

If you've interpreted my posts as expressing dissatisfaction, then I've not communicated well. In this thread, I've been trying to understand where others are coming from, and offering other options within FTM's UBB capabilities, as well as bringing up things I've seen elsewhere. The point of the latter was not to suggest changing software packages, or to complain about the software being used here, or to "argue" that it is inferior to others. The point was to find out if this software could be set up to do some of those things in the same or a similar way.

I am not irritated by features of this software. I've been using it happily for the past year. I've only brought up some points and questions since the switch from MFI to FTM because of the "newness" of this transition, and others have been doing the same. I understand that there are other priorities, and though I had that in mind with every post in the Feedback forum, I didn't always express it, nor have others. I'm not sure why you've addressed me directly like you have. I didn't orginate this topic! And if you read my posts again, you will sense the underlying theme of "I don't see what the big deal is. I can follow the cookie crumbs just fine with the way it's set up." :puzzled:

(Ok, the dearth of smilies here is a theme. I'd like more, but I'm not irritated that there aren't very many to choose from. It's mildly disappointing, to be sure, but not a big deal.)

Last edited by Gregg; 08/12/09 01:52 PM.
Re: Unread threads not showing in all forums
artie505 #953 08/12/09 01:34 PM

A locked thread takes the same place in the forum hierarchy as an unlocked thread. It's treated the same way as any thread without new posts, because no further posts can be added. If such a thread contains one or more posts you hadn't yet read before it got locked, you wouldn't know without checking.

A thread can also be made 'sticky', which makes it stay at the top of the forum without requiring the addition of new posts. The exclamation point icon after the thread title indicates its stickyness.

Finally, threads can be both locked and 'stickied'.

alternaut moderator
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard