for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bitten by the iTunes 9.0.2 bug(s)?
#8121 02/02/10 06:58 PM
OP Offline

Out of the blue and weeks (if not months) after I installed iTunes 9.0.2 I started to get regular requests to provide my iTunes password, despite having checked the ‘remember’ box. Strangely, this didn’t always happen, just most of the time and sometimes even more than once in a session. Lately this behavior has dropped markedly in frequency, but it still occurs once in a while.

Likewise, my Touch (1st gen) occasionally doesn’t register when connecting it to my Mac. This mostly happens when I hook it up sometime into an iTunes session after having checked app updates and new apps. It requires a logout-login or a restart to get the Touch recognized again. I haven't had problems when connecting my Touch immediately after launching iTunes.

Lo and behold, here is iTunes 9.0.3, apparently addressing these very same issues, which suggests they must have reached some critical mass. Since I haven’t seen anyone around here making noises about them, I wonder if any of you actually has experienced these issues. Hence the (rather unscientific) poll below.

The setup I experienced these problems with consists of a 20" iMac iSight (G5) running Mac OS 10.4.11 with all Apple software up to date. There may be a link with the OS version used, but that's not my main interest here.

Bitten by the bug(s)?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 02/02/10 06:45 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

alternaut moderator
Re: Bitten by the iTunes 9.0.2 bug(s)?
alternaut #8122 02/02/10 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: alternaut
Out of the blue and weeks (if not months) after I installed iTunes 9.0.2
:
:
Lo and behold, here is iTunes 9.0.3,

While my specific experience doesn't exactly mirror your scenarios, the overall "everything was fine for months until last night when ___ _____ ___ happened, and as if by magic, there was 9.0.3 ready to download" coincidence does match perfectly.

I have a ton of playlists, and am still tweaking some as i go along. Last night i added a new track to one and tried to move it from the end to the middle. It wouldn't budge. "What gives?" I'm wondering. Then i noticed i couldn't rearrange any playlist (yes, the left hand non-sorting widget was active... i even toggled the active column several times). I quit iTunes and relaunched. Playlists still frozen. Whisky Tango Foxtrot??? I restarted. Same deal.

Spotted the update, downloaded, installed. All is now well.

Very strange indeed.

alternaut #8130 02/03/10 01:10 AM

Is it inherent in the nature of UBB.threads that people to whom both bugs apply can only vote for one of them?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #8135 02/03/10 03:48 AM
OP Offline

In a sense; it's an option to be selected when setting up a poll. In other words: it's me. wink
Anyway, if you had both bugs, option 4 matches your situation best.

alternaut moderator

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard