for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ipod touch odds and ends
#7380 01/08/10 08:20 PM
OP Offline

sorry, this thread having no posts is bothering me for some reason so I'm going to make some noise.

odd, if there's dock power when you start playing it, it won't sleep the display or lock. but if it's already playing when you dock it, it will.

can I disable the "shake to undo"? it comes up a lot when I pocket the ipod or set it down for a sec and pick it back up. I don't need that.

any way to stop itunes from trying to switch to landscape? I set my ipod down on my dash when driving an half the time it decides to flip to landscape when I pick it up to change songs or something

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
Re: ipod touch odds and ends
Virtual1 #7385 01/09/10 12:10 AM

No dock here, so i don't know about that one.

Originally Posted By: Virtual1
can I disable the "shake to undo"? it comes up a lot when I pocket the ipod or set it down for a sec and pick it back up. I don't need that.

Sounds like that would be a program-specific setting... not a global variable.
Which apps are "undoing" things when shaken?

any way to stop itunes from trying to switch to landscape? I set my ipod down on my dash when driving an half the time it decides to flip to landscape when I pick it up to change songs or something

I'm 99% sure there's no way to control that provided by the software. We need to physically set it down so that the "top" is higher than the "bottom".

Virtual1 #7389 01/09/10 02:21 AM

sorry, this thread having no posts is bothering me for some reason so I'm going to make some noise.

If you’re referring to the apparent lack of threads in this forum, you might want to adjust your forum Display Options from the default 1 month to ‘active in the last 3 months’.

Hal makes a good point: check for possible program-specific settings under the main Settings utility (scroll down if necessary), not just in the app itself.

alternaut moderator
Hal Itosis #7407 01/09/10 10:59 PM
OP Offline

given that I set it down flat on the dashboard (which itself isn't entirely level), when I turn left, turn right, accelerate, or brake, it gets inertial information in all four directions.

I was hoping the "shake to undo" could be globally disabled. As for landscape mode, again it would be nice if I could just globally disable the inertial sensors, like how you can control access to the ipod's location information it gives to apps.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard