An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Retrieving Deleted Email
#64926 11/12/23 09:06 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Likes: 3
OP Offline

Joined: Sep 2009
Likes: 3
I emptied my mail trash today and for some reason my inbox also got deleted at the same time! Trash folder is empty. Is there a way, other than a third party, that I can retrieve my emails? I tried FindAnyFile but couldn't find it though I wasn't sure how to look with that app. Nothing showed up on my flash drive either. I'm assuming my flash drive is just showing current stuff anyway.


MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8




Re: Retrieving Deleted Email
plantsower #64929 11/12/23 10:00 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Likes: 14
Online

Joined: Aug 2009
Likes: 14
What about your SD card clone, or is that what you're calling your flash drive?


The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: Retrieving Deleted Email
artie505 #64930 11/12/23 10:28 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Likes: 3
OP Offline

Joined: Sep 2009
Likes: 3
Yes, that is what I am calling my flash drive. smirk


Originally Posted by artie505
What about your SD card clone, or is that what you're calling your flash drive?


MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8




Re: Retrieving Deleted Email
plantsower #64931 11/13/23 12:56 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
Likes: 2
Offline

Joined: Aug 2009
Likes: 2
I know that some carriers like Comcast & Spectrum allow you to recover deleted emails, up to a couple months worth. Maybe yours does to?

Re: Retrieving Deleted Email
Douglas #64932 11/13/23 02:06 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
Likes: 14
Online

Joined: Aug 2009
Likes: 14
My emails remain in my Verizon a/c after I delete them on my MBP, but I wonder if my POP and IMAP work the same way?


The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: Retrieving Deleted Email
Douglas #64933 11/13/23 04:06 AM
Joined: Sep 2009
Likes: 3
OP Offline

Joined: Sep 2009
Likes: 3
Unfortunately I don't have an account with Xfinity which is what I am using at my son's house, and he's too busy to bother about it. Good idea though. I would never have thought of that. I did do a restore request with Yahoo, but I lost the emails from my Apple account which I where I send and receive emails from Yahoo. I believe Yahoo only can restore if I lost them off of their website and not my Apple mail. We shall see.


Originally Posted by Douglas
I know that some carriers like Comcast & Spectrum allow you to recover deleted emails, up to a couple months worth. Maybe yours does to?


MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8




Re: Retrieving Deleted Email
plantsower #64937 11/13/23 06:44 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Likes: 16
Moderator
Online
Moderator

Joined: Aug 2009
Likes: 16
[quote=plantsower]Unfortunately I don't have an account with Xfinity which is what I am using at my son's house, and he's too busy to bother about it. Good idea though. I would never have thought of that. I did do a restore request with Yahoo, but I lost the emails from my Apple account which I where I send and receive emails from Yahoo. I believe Yahoo only can restore if I lost them off of their website and not my Apple mail. We shall see.

If the address the lost messages were sent to is @yahoo.com the messages would be recoverable from yahoo and if the email address is @iCloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com they will be recoverable from Apple.


If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: Retrieving Deleted Email
joemikeb #64942 11/13/23 07:39 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Likes: 3
OP Offline

Joined: Sep 2009
Likes: 3
I just got my emails restored, and even though there are a lot of them, the ones I really wanted were not among them. Maybe some will come in later I hope. I don't have an iCloud, me or mac.com account. Oh wait, the ones I wanted from Apple were sent to my mail.com address. So that's why I didn't get them. Duh!

Everything was at my Yahoo address
Originally Posted by joemikeb
[quote=plantsower]Unfortunately I don't have an account with Xfinity which is what I am using at my son's house, and he's too busy to bother about it. Good idea though. I would never have thought of that. I did do a restore request with Yahoo, but I lost the emails from my Apple account which I where I send and receive emails from Yahoo. I believe Yahoo only can restore if I lost them off of their website and not my Apple mail. We shall see.

If the address the lost messages were sent to is @yahoo.com the messages would be recoverable from yahoo and if the email address is @iCloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com they will be recoverable from Apple.


MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8





Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4
(Release build 20200307)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.023s Queries: 30 (0.016s) Memory: 0.6060 MB (Peak: 0.6851 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2024-02-24 08:38:22 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS