Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Screen goes black, app stops.
#63608 03/15/23 03:57 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

I solved this in the past, but now issue is back:

I have iphone app, does a music thing/ chant... screen goes black in ten seconds, and then app stops.

Can't remember how solved this. If anyone conversant thanks

Re: Screen goes black, app stops.
kevs #63610 03/15/23 09:08 PM

The name of the app and some description of what it is supposed to do and your iOS version number might help troubleshooting the issue..

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #63620 03/16/23 09:53 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Joe it this spiritual Buddhist app:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/chantbuddy-daimoku-tracking/id483290672

For long time ok, screen stay on for long time. Now goes black in few seconds, and then no sound. Though today seemed ok. Maybe one day glitch? But happened with this app before. Never get this with apple Music by contrast.

This app has no tech support. Did that makes sense at all. Sometimes with app, screen goes black in ten seconds, and thats ok, but then sound goes off.

kevs #63621 03/17/23 12:05 AM

The extra information was very helpful. I looked the app up on the App Store and found this review:

Originally Posted by ChantBuddy Review
Great App, but times out?
Wonderful app with a few glitches to work out. When im timing my chanting, i have to set my phone screen so it wont lock. It stops logging the time when that happens. Either that or keep touching the screen before phone locks. Id think the app would stay open while the timer is in use or the time would at least keep running. A little confusing to pay 1.99 for an upgrade & then asked to pay 2.99 again. Why not just make it 4.99 or 5 and call it a day? Otherwise I enjoy this app alot. NMRK

I wrote the above review 2 yr ago hoping theyd fix this glitch & they have not. I dont really use this app anymore bc the timeout/screen going black really affects my chanting (negatively), so i will continue with other chanting avenues. Really unfortunate as i otherwise like the app.

{Emphasis mine}

So, it would appear the problem is neither yours nor Apple's to fix, The fact the app has not been updated since 2013 and has no support link listed, leads me to believe the developer has lost interest in the project and is unlikely to fix it. My suggestion would be rather than wasting your time trying to troubleshoot the app, spend it looking for a replacement. frown

By-the-way, a search for "Buddhist Chants" on the app store turns up nothing for macOS, not even ChantBuddy, but there are fourteen apps for iPadOS and iOS.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #63622 03/17/23 12:29 AM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks JOe, that helps. I do have another one that does a great job, but Chant Buddy, was the first one had.. and it was good...done well, but appreciate you tracked down app, not an Apple thing, great..

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard