FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Calendar Alert Events
artie505 #63522 02/25/23 09:07 PM
OP Offline

The line is a visual indicator to tell you that clicking on the icon will hide any package contents, i.e., compress the packages so they'll show, but not their contents. When you clicked on it, did the number of found files at the bottom of your screen change? (Just curiosity...not important.) I thought I answered this but can't find it. When I clicked on the middle package it removed three items. I still need a way to remove all those items that will not come out of my Mac from Fantastical.

I've never heard of a control-shift-5 screenshot. I use command-shift-4 to take partial screenshots, and take multiples if the pane extends below the bottom of my screen. [/quote]

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

plantsower #63523 02/25/23 09:22 PM
OP Offline

Originally Posted by plantsower
The line is a visual indicator to tell you that clicking on the icon will hide any package contents, i.e., compress the packages so they'll show, but not their contents. When you clicked on it, did the number of found files at the bottom of your screen change? (Just curiosity...not important.) I thought I answered this but can't find it. When I clicked on the middle package it removed three items. I still need a way to remove all those items that will not come out of my Mac from Fantastical.

Addendum: Duh, they were mostly in the trash but still showing in the window! After I emptied the trash, there were about 3 left in the Startup Disk, and I was able to delete them. So, just go with Startup Disk usually? Thanks.

I've never heard of a control-shift-5 screenshot. I use command-shift-4 to take partial screenshots, and take multiples if the pane extends below the bottom of my screen.
[/quote]

Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

plantsower #63535 02/26/23 01:47 PM

Addendum: Duh, they were mostly in the trash but still showing in the window! After I emptied the trash, there were about 3 left in the Startup Disk, and I was able to delete them. So, just go with Startup Disk usually? Thanks.
I was about to post that at least some of your recalcitrant items are in the trash when I saw that. They were still showing in the window, but had you looked at the path bar at the bottom of that window you'd have seen "Trash."

Yeah, go with startup disk as a rule.

By the way, I suggest that you change your FAF > View settings to these, which, as you can see, will make your results easier to digest, as well as make them less likely to exceed your screen size.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #63542 02/26/23 06:33 PM
OP Offline

This is all I see in the FindAnyFiles view. List is grayed out so I couldn't get any further. What am I missing?

By the way, I suggest that you change your FAF > View settings to these, which, as you can see, will make your results easier to digest, as well as make them less likely to exceed your screen size. [/quote]

Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

plantsower #63544 02/26/23 07:08 PM

This is all I see in the FindAnyFiles view. List is grayed out so I couldn't get any further. What am I missing?

By the way, I suggest that you change your FAF > View settings to these, which, as you can see, will make your results easier to digest, as well as make them less likely to exceed your screen size.
That confounded me (too) last night until I figured out that the relevant options are greyed out until you're showing a search results window, at which point they become functional. (I ought to file a bug report.)

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #63546 02/26/23 08:34 PM
OP Offline

I did a search but still the show located files and highlight found names doesn't show. Was that supposed to be under View, too? Once I clicked all the things you suggested, will it stay that way until next time or do I have to do it all over again each time? FindAnyFiles View

I didn't show here what it said after columns because it worked out like your snapshot.

That confounded me (too) last night until I figured out that the relevant options are greyed out until you're showing a search results window, at which point they become functional. (I ought to file a bug report.) [/quote]

Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

artie505 #63549 02/27/23 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by artie505
That confounded me (too) last night until I figured out that the relevant options are greyed out until you're showing a search results window, at which point they become functional. (I ought to file a bug report.)
I got an almost immediate response to my "bug or by design" question from FAF's dev:

Originally Posted by Thomas Tempelmann
Good question.

They're behaving this way out of convenience on my part. That is: They're contextually handled - and as long as there's no window open, the code that handles that window is also not available to receive these menu commands, just like the "Result" menu commands only are available once you have selected a found item.

However, I now realize that this setting is more like a preference and less like a command, ie. I should treat them as preferences just like I treat the "Show ..." menu items at the bottom of the menu, which as also always available

I'll make a note of it and improve that eventually.

Thanks for making me aware of this.

Thomas

I love when devs give me explicit answers!

plantsower #63550 02/27/23 01:33 PM

I did a search but still the show located files and highlight found names doesn't show. Was that supposed to be under View, too? Once I clicked all the things you suggested, will it stay that way until next time or do I have to do it all over again each time? FindAnyFiles View
The prefs you set will remain in place until you decide change them.

I don't know about the missing items. Which version of FAF are you running?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard