Next Thread
Print Thread
FTM vs. macOS 12.5 beta 4
#61974 06/28/22 07:05 PM
OP Online

FTM vs. macOS 12.5 beta 4
or
The Joys of Beta Testing Software

The other day I logged out of FineTunedMac in Safari Technology Preview, later I attempted to log in again and when I click on Login the address bar shows download activity but it is apparently the same page I was on and there is no login window. So far I have discovered...
  • Since I had not logged out in Safari I still have normal access through that browser
  • Reinstalling Safari Technology preview had no effect
  • Disabling all Safari extensions had no effect
  • The same issue is present in Brave and Firefox
  • If I start from the Home screen and click on login I am taken to the Forums window.
  • On my wife's computer running macos 12.4, I get the normal login window and can login.
  • So far this is unique to FineTunedMac

My Conclusion:
  1. The issue appears to be in macOS 12.5 beta 4 and has been duly reported to Apple, but it could end up in requiring a fix to ubbthreads.
  2. I may have to use my wife's computer to visit FTM for a while

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: FTM vs. macOS 12.5 beta 4
joemikeb #62025 07/09/22 02:16 PM
OP Online

MacOS 12.5 beta 5 fixed the FTM logon issue, along with restoring several third-party apps that broke in beta 4 to functionality. No clue what the culprit was, a new feature gone awry, a "fix" with unintended consequences, but I am now faced with the decision of whether to back out the workarounds I had applied, to restore functionality. Ventura public beta is only days away, so I think I will just leave things alone until then.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein

Moderated by  alternaut, dkmarsh, joemikeb 

Link Copied to Clipboard