Re: Up 5am do not distrub off
joemikeb #60409 12/29/21 11:56 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Got it Joe, thanks.

kevs #60410 12/30/21 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by kevs
Nevermind, all solved, spoke supervisor Apple, the do not disturb Green, on, means manual so stay on 24/ 7, keep that to off and the schedule at bottom only does the trick.

Thanks for sharing that. It helps to resolve a problem my wife was having.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.
kevs #60421 12/31/21 06:57 PM

I'm not sure if it directly addresses this specific issue, but this article addresses the general problem with the changes in "Do Not Disturb" that arose with iOS 15.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.
Ira L #60425 12/31/21 11:34 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Ira thanks, well lot of Joe likes, none of which I use yet.

Was pulling my hair out, now ok after my Apple call. Just fact that Apple not smart enough to keep your settings,,, they wipe them out, and I find out about Focus with a 5am phone call is crazy right?

Ira L #60435 01/02/22 03:58 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Ira luck ran out: UP with loud call 6am even though do not disturb off and schedule was on for 11pm to 9am. So have to call apple again. What has been your experience with this?

kevs #60436 01/02/22 05:02 PM

Ira luck ran out: UP with loud call 6am even though do not disturb off and schedule was on for 11pm to 9am. So have to call apple again. What has been your experience with this?

There are specific conditions that can override Do Not Disturb unless they are specifically disallowed in Settings...

Was it a phone call. a Notification, or an alarm that woke you up?

Was Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb > Smart Activation — ON?

Was Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb > Allowed Notifications > People > Also Allow > Allow Repeated Calls — ON?

Was Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb > Allowed Notifications > Apps > Time Sensitive — ON?

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #60440 01/02/22 10:09 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Joe
iphone,

Smart activation off

Also allow, no One (interesting on repeated call, never heard of that, now know why people call 2 times in row!) annoying.

Apps off.

Now "think " solved it.. Did not notice Schedule has it's own Green on slider, I'm sure on since talk with Apple rep but who knows.

AND..... there is no APPLY OR DONE after do enter schedule, so very very easy to think your fine when you are not. (unless I can't find it) IE you schedule, NO apply or Done (am I wrong, so you think it applied but did not?)

So think solved now.. who knows. So many many many things with new Focus that can be off. Bottomless

kevs #60441 01/03/22 12:17 AM

Smart activation off
You might try turning that one ON

Originally Posted by keys
Also allow, no One (interesting on repeated call, never heard of that, now know why people call 2 times in row!) annoying.
Annoying, but a long hallowed method on all cellular, and many land line systems, to allow for important or Emergency calls to bypass call blockers and do not disturb settings.

Apps off.

Now "think " solved it.. Did not notice Schedule has it's own Green on slider, I'm sure on since talk with Apple rep but who knows.
yeah that slider turns the schedule on making it possible to multiple schedules for the same focus. To my way of thinking this together with the Do Not Disturb slider are the most confusing. Technically the Do Not Disturb slider is a combination OFF/ON switch and indicator of the CURRENT status of the focus. (If you looked while Do Not Disturb is actively blocking calls the switch would be green.) But that still leaves the Focus Status option which turns on an announcement to callers and message senders alike that you have Do Not Disturb turned on. All of this makes at least one too many status switches/indicators. Apple needs to work on titles for all these IMHO.

AND..... there is no APPLY OR DONE after do enter schedule, so very very easy to think your fine when you are not. (unless I can't find it) IE you schedule, NO apply or Done (am I wrong, so you think it applied but did not?)

So think solved now.. who knows. So many many many things with new Focus that can be off. Bottomless
The assumption is the Green sliders are sufficient indication of the state of each of the conditions. I don't think that would be an issue if the nomenclature were improved. Focus is far more flexible and configurable than the old Do Not Disturb, and in that regard I think a worthy effort and I am sure the developers understood exactly what they were talking/thinking about as they added the new features, but I am not sure it is as clear to those of us who were not at the table during the design phase.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #60442 01/03/22 01:51 AM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Joe did you not say before to keep smart activation off, (or was another thing said to have off)?

"The assumption is the Green sliders ...."

I'm asking... when set schedule, no apply or done, so I think you just have hit back arrow, and I'm not sure it keeps always what you just set it at! May stick sometimes, may not stick... Have tested schedule?.

For the thread here, I don't use, any new focus stuff only Do not Disturb, (but I take notes on these new things you mention, for future reference ..thanks..)

Thanks for confirming little bit of chaos here (or I'll use that word if it's ok!)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard