for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pacifist 4.0
#59856 11/07/21 07:26 PM
OP Offline

For all you Pacifist fans: Pacifist 4.0, "…re-written from the ground up in Swift 5" is available for download and at a substantial discount for those who bought previous versions. I haven't needed/used Pacifist in years, but there are enough of you who have depended on it over the years, I thought it worth mentioning. For non-users there are enough new features to make Pacifist 4 worth a second look.

DISCLAIMER: I have no relationship, pecuniary or otherwise, with the developer of Pacifist.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: Pacifist 4.0
joemikeb #59857 11/07/21 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by joemikeb
For all you Pacifist fans: Pacifist 4.0, "…re-written from the ground up in Swift 5" is available for download and at a substantial discount for those who bought previous versions.
Unless you've found something that I didn't find after considerable searching, there's no previous user discount. Pacifist 4 is a 2nd time around, brand new $20 purchase for all...a full price paid upgrade, but terribly obscurely presented.

I opened up a Big Sur installer in Pacifist 4, and it looked to me as if it's able to deal with the boot image, but I couldn't do a full check, because I'm running Catalina.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #59858 11/07/21 08:09 PM
OP Offline

Originally Posted by artie505
Unless you've found something that I didn't find after considerable searching, there's no previous user discount. Pacifist 4 is a 2nd time around, brand new $20 purchase for all...a full price paid upgrade, but terribly obscurely presented.

I got an email this morning from charlessoft.com with a coupon code near the bottom that was good for a 50% discount ($10) — although the amount of the discount was not mentioned in the email and I didn't know what it was until I purchased the new license. It has been several years since I registered Pacifist and nearly that long since I had a copy of it on my system. So I was surprised to be reminded that I had ever registered it and even more surprised to receive the discount.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #59859 11/08/21 12:36 PM

HAH!

OK, here's the complete story: I picked up on Pacifist 4.0 from MacUpdate immediately upon its listing, and I immediately emailed Charles that my original registration info wasn't accepted on his website, and I didn't see anything about an upgrade discount, and was that correct, i.e. is this a full price upgrade with no discount to original owners, or did I miss a link?

His prompt response was a complimentary coupon code...with neither commentary nor clarification.

I responded to that by saying that I appreciated his having supported me, specifically, as a user, not to mention Pacifist in general, for at least 15 years, that I didn't begrudge him the upgrade fee, and that I had just completed a full $20 purchase.

He didn't responded to that, and the next chapter of the story is the email you received...but which I haven't received.

Conclude your own concludings.

Anyway, I've got a complimentary coupon code that I now have no qualms about giving away to the first person who requests it at eqjones@verizon.net.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #59860 11/08/21 05:14 PM

I just received the email.

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard