for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The best investmenny
#59629 10/13/21 08:10 AM
OP Offline

I am writing this at 02:00 in the morning while stariing out over the darkerkened hospitlal parking lot outside my room. And contemplating the series of events that brought me here. It all began nearly a year ago with the release of the the Apple Watch 6 with the ability to read the blood oxygen level. That seemed a significant eniuugh feature to make the upgrade worthwhile so I got new watch and passes its predecessor too a friend. After several months my friend reported his watch was nagging him to to see his cardiologist and my watch kept reporting low blood oxygen levels. After extensive tests, my friend has been diagnosded and treated for angina an defibrillator and I am waiting
to be released following triple bypass surgery. (CABGx3) To my way of thinking about the best ROI i can think of.

Last edited by joemikeb; 10/13/21 08:15 AM.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: The best investmenny
joemikeb #59630 10/13/21 09:11 AM

WOW! What a story. Those watches certainly did an outstanding job of telling you guys what time it was.

Sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope your recovery is quick, easy, and complete. If you're lucky you'll be like my friend's father who, 35 years ago, was ready to get into his car and drive from south Fl to NY 3 days after quadruple bypass surgery.

Apple ought to use you in an ad.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
joemikeb #59632 10/13/21 11:34 AM

Let me add to Artie's best wishes: May you have a complete and speedy recovery! I know several people who have had bypass surgery and all are doing well.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
joemikeb #59633 10/13/21 04:19 PM

My sincere wishes for a speedy recovery joe. May God be with you.

jaybass

OS 13.6.4 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2017, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB RAM, 2400 MHz DDR4. SuperDuper. 1 TB Lacie HD
joemikeb #59634 10/13/21 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by joemikeb
I am waiting to be released following triple bypass surgery.
Originally Posted by artie505
I hope your recovery is quick, easy, and complete. If you're lucky you'll be like my friend's father who, 35 years ago, was ready to get into his car and drive from south Fl to NY 3 days after quadruple bypass surgery.
Originally Posted by jchuzi
Let me add to Artie's best wishes: May you have a complete and speedy recovery!
Originally Posted by jaybass
My sincere wishes for a speedy recovery joe.
I join everyone else in wishing you a speedy recovery....and it should be. I went through it in 2008 (quintuple) and I’m still kicking. artie’s right that you should be out soon. My operation was on Tuesday and they booted me out of the hospital on Saturday.

For me, the operation was not the worst of it. One of the nurses had the sniffles and I went home with a cold. Believe me, coughing with a wired-together sternum ain’t fun.

Last edited by ryck; 10/13/21 04:38 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
joemikeb #59635 10/14/21 10:11 AM

I am waiting to be released following triple bypass surgery. (CABGx3)
Pshaw! I am CABGx4. Six years ago I had the surgery and, although the recovery seemed to take forever, I have never felt better. Mind, I've lost 20 lbs, run around the park three times a week and cut my drinking by two thirds.

Good luck. It will take time, but you will feel better.

And, welcome to The Zipper Club.

iMac (19,1, 3.1 GHz i5, 12.7.4, 40 Gb RAM); MacBook Air (1.8 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, 10.14.6, 256 Gb SSD) Vodafone router and Devolo Wi-Fi Extender, Canon TS8351 printer/scanner.
joemikeb #59638 10/15/21 02:26 PM

After extensive tests, my friend has been diagnosed and treated for angina and defibrillator and I am waiting to be released following triple bypass surgery. (CABGx3)
Now that we've regaled you with all our cardio battle stories, a practical question: How did you and your friend manage to get beds? The news practically everywhere is that unvaccinated victims of Covid are overwhelming hospitals, especially ICUs, and that high-priority (but not Covid) patients are not able to get in.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #59639 10/16/21 05:17 PM
OP Offline

Originally Posted by ryck
Now that we've regaled you with all our cardio battle stories, a practical question: How did you and your friend manage to get beds? The news practically everywhere is that unvaccinated victims of Covid are overwhelming hospitals, especially ICUs, and that high-priority (but not Covid) patients are not able to get in.
I was concerned about that, but as I live in a part of Texas that has a relatively high vaccination rate, large number of beds, mayors who early on told the governor where to put his mandates, a plethora of medical schools, and competing medical chains that have learned to work together to their mutual benefit my only inconvenience was having procedures in hospitals scattered all over the DFW metroplex none of them near my home. However, the effects of COVID were visible at every level.
  • No one allowed in the building unless they are wearing hospital provided face masks
  • One door where there use to be a wall of doors
  • Top of the line cardiac surgeons with open surgical time available
  • Every one screened in and wearing "sticker of the day".
  • Staff working twelve hour three day sifts at two (or more?) facilities
  • "Traveling" nurses in cardiac ICU
  • Only one visitor per patient per day
  • Anything not in an airtight sealed container not allowed in building, or room (including food)
  • Cafeteria, snack bar, and worst of all — the Starbucks counter closed.
  • Gift shop(s) closed
  • half an acre of lobby/waiting with seating for 100 and only three occupants

In many cases the shortages are not ICU beds per. se. it is an ICU bed with the proper respirator and other equipment, not to mention staff trained to operate the equipment.

My friend's procedure was done in office.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
ryck #59641 10/17/21 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by ryck
The news practically everywhere is that unvaccinated victims of Covid are overwhelming hospitals, especially ICUs, and that high-priority (but not Covid) patients are not able to get in.
Apropos of that, here's an up to date HHS compilation of total and ICU hospital bed usage.

It and the new cases/deaths numbers indicate that he surge has died down...at least for the moment.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard