for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#59156 07/17/21 10:32 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

This is a first: Use that all time: click mail icon far right of contact and new mail window comes up. I'm guessing no has ever seen that not work. I hadn't until last week. thanks.

Re: Contact: click Mail icon nothing happens
kevs #59159 07/17/21 11:41 PM

This is on your Mac, NOT your iPhone, correct?

If so, the "Mail" icon should be blue, and if it isn't, have you checked to make sure the contact's email address is a valid address and not mistyped?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #59160 07/18/21 12:24 AM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Yes, Blue, DEsktop, and now seems to self resolved, (though for unrelated reasons, did reboot since I posted)

Nevertheless it's an issue that now coming up quite a bit, so I'll "try' to remember a reboot solves it. Anyone else seen this issue?

artie505 #59162 07/18/21 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by artie505
This is on your Mac, NOT your iPhone, correct?

If so, the "Mail" icon should be blue, and if it isn't, have you checked to make sure the contact's email address is a valid address and not mistyped?

Okay, I know this is nitpicking, but just so there is no confusion, the Mail icon in Contacts is blue ONLY if the accent color selected in System Preferences > General is multicolor or blue and there is a valid email address for the contact. On my systems the Mail icon in contacts is in "orange" but it could be any one of eight different accent colors.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #59164 07/18/21 05:35 PM

Thanks for clarifying that functionality (which I've never investigated), but to nitpick a bit further, I haven't got a multicolor option in Catalina, only the eight standard(?) colors and "Other," which calls up the color wheel.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #59165 07/18/21 06:50 PM

Thanks for clarifying that functionality (which I've never investigated), but to nitpick a bit further, I haven't got a multicolor option in Catalina, only the eight standard(?) colors and "Other," which calls up the color wheel.

Monterey has other subtle but nice UI enhancements in addition to multicolor. My favorite is the ability to change not only th size of the pointer, cut also the color fill and outline color. It’s a small thing but I really find it helpful.

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #59166 07/18/21 07:28 PM

Changing cursor size isn't new to Monterey: Catalina > System Prefs > Accessibility > Display > Cursor. Changing cursor colors is. (Sounds like it could be fun.)

I can't quite imagine what "multicolor" looks like.

artie505 #59167 07/18/21 07:37 PM

Changing cursor size isn't new to Monterey: Catalina > System Prefs > Accessibility > Display > Cursor. Changing cursor colors is. (Sounds like it could be fun.)

I can't quite imagine what "multicolor" looks like.
As far as I can tell multiocolor means just that. Instead of a single bas cooler scheme, different items have unique colors. This has been an option on Apple Watch faces for a yyear or two now.

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #59168 07/18/21 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by joemikeb
As far as I can tell multiocolor means just that. Instead of a single bas cooler scheme, different items have unique colors. This has been an option on Apple Watch faces for a yyear or two now.
Thanks. I was thinking literally, i.e. multi, rather than single, color per item.

artie505 #59169 07/19/21 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by joemikeb
Thanks. I was thinking literally, i.e. multi, rather than single, color per item.
It would appear that multi-color has yet to be fully implemented in the current beta. At the present time I can tell no difference between multi-color and blue accent color schemes except in System Preferences > General. 😵‍💫

— Albert Einstein

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard