FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Menu bar on Safari Technology Preview
plantsower #59040 06/26/21 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by plantsower
Hi JoeMike: Can I call you Joe? LOL! Anyway, I put my fonts and points on my computer back to default via Tinker Tool. But some of them are still really tiny. I don't know how to get them back to normal. This is a screen shot of my Bean.com word processor where I save a document. When I go to label my document and decide where I want it on my Mac, you can see that the word "desktop" is teensy tiny. I want it back to normal. I don't think anything else is still tiny as far as I've noticed. Any ideas? Bean Word Processor It's actually tinier than it looks on the screen shot.
You certainly may call me Joe as I am known in official documents, or Mike as I was called in my salad days, or JoeMike as I was called as a youth to distinguish me from my father (especially when my mother was "irritated" with me which seemed often 🙄).

Now to returning your fonts to normal pitch. When you change the either the typeface or pitch of the various system fonts. Those changes do not appear in applications until you quit and restart the application or it may be necessary to reboot the system in stubborn cases. (NOTE: while Apple applications do use the specified system fonts for menus, etc. some third party applications may march to their own drummer. I am not familiar with Bean but it appears to be well behaved so I would expect either a restart of Bean or a reboot would fix the situation, but you may need to peruse Bean's preferences.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #59041 06/26/21 09:50 PM
OP Offline

Thanks Joe.

Quitting Bean and Restarting it worked! I always forget that can fix things

Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by plantsower
Hi JoeMike: Can I call you Joe? LOL! Anyway, I put my fonts and points on my computer back to default via Tinker Tool. But some of them are still really tiny. I don't know how to get them back to normal. This is a screen shot of my Bean.com word processor where I save a document. When I go to label my document and decide where I want it on my Mac, you can see that the word "desktop" is teensy tiny. I want it back to normal. I don't think anything else is still tiny as far as I've noticed. Any ideas? Bean Word Processor It's actually tinier than it looks on the screen shot.
You certainly may call me Joe as I am known in official documents, or Mike as I was called in my salad days, or JoeMike as I was called as a youth to distinguish me from my father (especially when my mother was "irritated" with me which seemed often 🙄).

Now to returning your fonts to normal pitch. When you change the either the typeface or pitch of the various system fonts. Those changes do not appear in applications until you quit and restart the application or it may be necessary to reboot the system in stubborn cases. (NOTE: while Apple applications do use the specified system fonts for menus, etc. some third party applications may march to their own drummer. I am not familiar with Bean but it appears to be well behaved so I would expect either a restart of Bean or a reboot would fix the situation, but you may need to peruse Bean's preferences.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

Ira L #59155 07/16/21 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ira L
If you really want it all now, try Bartender. Among other things, it gives you a menu bar icon that, when clicked on, gives you other menu bar icons of your choice. Although I have not used it, it seems a great way to show more menu icons when there is no space for them.
I just registered Bartender after completing the trial. Not a showstopper, but very useful in organizing the menu bar and reducing visual clutter on the screen. Thanks for introducing me to it. 👍

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard