FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
itunes or Music wont keep order of playlist
#58435 03/25/21 06:13 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

I tried dragging playlist itself right over the iphone, which is what I always used to do with ipods; and also selecting all songs in playlist to the iphone. Both cases Apple scrambles the order of tracks and more. So stuck, Never was an issue before. Big Sur

To cap it off, no songs in playlist, (which showed song on iphone on computer), but after eject, iphone says no song in that playlist, though I saw with my own eyes they were put in there. Totally stuck.

Ok see on iphone songs are there, just not in playlist though they should be in my main playlist, and sort option on iphone are just title, recently added, and artist..?? no album option to sort on iphone?

Last edited by kevs; 03/25/21 06:27 PM.
Re: itunes or Music wont keep order of playlist
kevs #58440 03/26/21 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by kevs
To cap it off, no songs in playlist, (which showed song on iphone on computer), but after eject, iphone says no song in that playlist, though I saw with my own eyes they were put in there. Totally stuck.
I haver never attempted dragging and dropping a playlist from my Mac to my iPhone, I just rely on iCloud to keep the tunes and playlists in all of my devices synchronized. It is automatic and I never even have to think about it. Before iCloud, I just plugged the iPhone into the USB port on my Mac and let Music take care of synchronization, so I really can't help you there.

Originally Posted by kevs
Ok see on iphone songs are there, just not in playlist though they should be in my main playlist, and sort option on iphone are just title, recently added, and artist..?? no album option to sort on iphone?
  1. In Music as seen in this image, touch Library at the bottom of the screen then touch Edit at to top right of the screen.
  2. that will reveal the lists that can be viewed. Select your desired lists by touching the circle to the left of the desired list(s).
  3. the sort options are found here.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #58442 03/26/21 10:54 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Joe for the reminder of that idea. Right now have iphone 7 and next iphone I was going to buy just low GB version, but maybe I'll buy higher GB version.. as my music is like 80 gb. I think my current iphone is just 16gb!

Then I'd have to update my icloud which is now only 50gb (only 15gb free)

kevs #58444 03/26/21 11:07 PM

Music purchased or "rented" from the iTunes Store or that is duplicated on the iTunes Store does not count against you iCloud storage allotment. It remains in Apple's iTunes Library and you access it there.

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #58445 03/26/21 11:10 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

All that 70gb is my music, never purchased ever. So need iphone with ton of space and upgrade to icloud. That said, seems like convenience might be worth it.

kevs #58447 03/26/21 11:29 PM

If you copied the music from a commercial album, and that album is in Apple's library, your copy is not stored in your iCloud account rather a pointer to the copy in Apple's library.

In any case the rumor mill is speculating that smaller memory capacity iPhones will be dropped in the next iPhone version and memory capacities will range between 512GB and 1TB.

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #58451 03/27/21 01:31 AM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

ok Joe thanks I'm on the iphone 7, so I'll replace it like I just with my my Macbook Air, when I'm forced to. So that seems to be time go then from 16GB to 250 or more! Then upgrade the yearly icloud and do the sync you are mentioning.

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard