for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Iphone Alarms
#58159 03/03/21 02:16 AM
OP Offline

My iPhone alarms are going off at odd times. I have certain alarms set and that's it. But, out of the blue an alarm will start at an odd time that I never set. I looked on Apple iPhone forums but but there wasn't any real fix for me. Any ideas? I was told to go to the bedtime alarm section. That is now in the health app for some reason. I looked, but there were no alarms set there either.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

Re: Iphone Alarms
plantsower #58160 03/03/21 03:27 PM

Are you sure they are alarms? Almost any notification can cause a sound/noise/alarm. This includes Calendar warnings, incoming text messages, phone calls, FaceTime, Reminders, and the list goes on and on and on… Wel,l you get the idea. Unfortunately there is no universal solution that will work in every situation and I have spent hours going through all the possible Notifications turning off sounds because of all the potential noise. One thing that can help is choosing different sounds for the different Notification types. It doesn't stop the ringing but at least you know what is trying to get your attention.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: Iphone Alarms
joemikeb #58164 03/03/21 06:15 PM
OP Offline

I only set notifications for incoming texts, incoming calls, voicemail and a series of alarms for work. I went into Notifications just now and turned them all off. I didn't set them but now they are off. I keep my alarms for work. Hopefully, this will stop. Thank you.

Originally Posted by joemikeb
Are you sure they are alarms? Almost any notification can cause a sound/noise/alarm. This includes Calendar warnings, incoming text messages, phone calls, FaceTime, Reminders, and the list goes on and on and on… Wel,l you get the idea. Unfortunately there is no universal solution that will work in every situation and I have spent hours going through all the possible Notifications turning off sounds because of all the potential noise. One thing that can help is choosing different sounds for the different Notification types. It doesn't stop the ringing but at least you know what is trying to get your attention.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard