FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
adblock for Chrome
#56914 11/14/20 09:52 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

It don't know a effective Ad blocker for IOS Chrome. Great one for desktop; Ghostery. And Great one for IOS Safari, Adblock, but I have not found a good ADBLOCKER from Chrome IOS. Ghostery does not do Chrome on IOS sadly. Anyone know one?

Re: adblock for Chrome
kevs #56922 11/15/20 12:06 AM

An ad blocker for Chrome! Shame on you! Google gives you that nice browser free so they can use it to track you anywhere and everywhere you go on the internet, then use that information to sell advertising they can throw up on that same browser. And you want to protect yourself from them 😼 That might cost the CEO one half of one percent of his salary! 🧐

Seriously Google is not about to cut their own financial throat by enabling ad blockers to work on their products. They spend hundreds of millions developing tools to get around ad blockers.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: adblock for Chrome
joemikeb #56923 11/15/20 12:21 AM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Joe but Ghostery works great on Chrome and You Tube on desktop/ laptop. Just not IOS.

And Adbloick works great on Safari. IOS.

Just have not found something for Chrome IOS.

Actually I put up with commercials on you tubes for years, before a musician pointed out to me few months ago, about using these adblocks for You Tube, they are great...

Just don't know why Ghostery and ADblock do fine for desktop/ laptop and Chrome & Safari, but not Chrome IOS

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard