for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
iTunes/Music question
#56747 11/01/20 10:33 PM
OP Online

If I'm understanding what I'm reading, kevs says, in this thread, that clicking in an iTunes/Music scroll bar moves your cursor to the desired point.
Originally Posted by kevs
I've tried but all normal desktop triick don't see to work, clicking the slide bar top/ bottom not working thanks!
and
So no way to -- like one does on a computer: click on the bar?

I've had "Click in the scroll bar to: Jump to the spot that's clicked" checked in System Prefs > General since the day I got my first Mac...18 years ago, and while it's always worked in Safari, I'm not sure that it's ever worked in iTunes/Music...certainly not in the past 10 years, at least, that I can remember.

Have I misunderstood kevs or missed a pref somewhere, or is the "functionality" just non-functional?

Thanks.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: iTunes/Music question
artie505 #56749 11/02/20 01:38 AM

Works as expected for me in iTunes 12.8.2/High Sierra 10.13.6.

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors
dkmarsh #56751 11/02/20 02:26 AM
OP Online

Just searched a bit, and following a lead from a Catalina poster I learned that it works in Albums and Recently added views, but not in Songs and Artists views.

But as I said, I don't remember it ever working in Music view, which is the only view I use, so at least in my instance, it doesn't seem to be a Catalina issue.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #56754 11/02/20 02:25 PM

In Music 1.1.0.282 (MacOS 11.0.1) the scroll bar works as it is supposed to in Albums, Artists, Songs, Playlists, and within a playlist. It appears at the right edge of the sort column which, with the exception of playlists, is the right edge of the Music window.

(NOTE: I would have posted earlier, but Music was crashing on launch, until I deleted com.apple.music.plist, so I was unable to verify my results. I haven't encountered a corrupted property list file in several years, so it took a while to run the problem down. Ten years ago, I would have thought of that immediately. Given I am running on a beta version of a dramatically restructured MacOS this serves as another example of how stable MacOS has become.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #56777 11/05/20 11:11 AM
OP Online

Originally Posted by joemikeb
In Music 1.1.0.282 (MacOS 11.0.1) the scroll bar works as it is supposed to in Albums, Artists, Songs, Playlists, and within a playlist. It appears at the right edge of the sort column which, with the exception of playlists, is the right edge of the Music window.
As I said, I've had this problem for many years, many versions of the OS, and many versions of iTunes/Music.

'Tis truly a puzzlement.

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard