An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Music PLaylist, iphone, can I jump around faster?
#56723 10/31/20 09:46 PM
kevs Online OP
OP Online

Boy you got music playlist of even 2k songs on IPHONE, have to scroll for 5 min to get top bottom. Am I missing something? Can someone jump around ... I've tried but all normal desktop triick don't see to work, clicking the slide bar top/ bottom not working thanks!.

Re: Music PLaylist, iphone, can I jump around faster?
kevs #56724 10/31/20 10:56 PM

What about the magnifying glass (search) icon on the menu at the bottom of the screen. It will search for plalylists, albums, artists, tunes, either in your library or the iTunes library online? Siri is another alternative.

Last edited by joemikeb; 10/31/20 10:58 PM.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #56737 11/01/20 03:16 AM
kevs Online OP
OP Online

JOe thanks thanks fine to search, but often, I just want to scroll my playlist up and down, and it's couple thousand long. Often I'm not really searching, just browsing it.. So no way to -- like one does on a computer: click on the bar? It's only a forced super long scroll through it all?

kevs #56741 11/01/20 02:29 PM

If you are looking at artists, albums, songs, or composer the alphabet is displayed vertically on the right edge of the window. Touching on any one of those letters will take you directly to that place in the alphabetic list. There is also the "Sort" option at the top right off the window that allows sorting by Title, Recently added, or Artist to change what sort the alphabet list is using. While that doesn't permit high speed sweeping down the list it does allow you to get to an approximate starting point on the list. I sometimes find it expedient to create a temporary Smart playlist so I can create multiple selection criteria for what I want to listen to at a given moment.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #56742 11/01/20 02:46 PM
kevs Online OP
OP Online

Thanks Joe, well if I go to listening by albums one day for sure, and I may do that. But my big huge playlist are better still and they have in them, lot of single songs that dont belong to an album so those would bet ignored basically.

Ok, I just discovered that one can grab th\e super small thin light grey almost invisible, hard to grab handle on the right, and quickly push up and down with thumb. I was just doing a very slow scroll, flicking wrist all this time. Which took 8-9 flick to get from top to bottom

So that is great progress if that made sense. I was hoping a tap or double tap would move that near invisible bar dramatically as your mouse can on a desktop, but no luck so far. It fap on iphone bring up new options don't want.

That said, not easy to grab it, but it's doable with practice

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard