FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
how to Zoom
#56597 10/23/20 12:56 PM
jchuzi Online OP
OP Online

I am a complete novice with Zoom, having neither used it myself nor seen it done. In a few weeks, I will be participating in a Zoom meeting with the members of my orchestra and I need to know how to do it. I have set up an account at https://zoom.us and don't have a clue about what to do.

Can someone walk me through the procedure?

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
Re: how to Zoom
jchuzi #56598 10/23/20 03:37 PM

Why not go to the horse's mouth, Zoom has nice array of Video tutorials that will lead you through most of what you need to know. NOTE: these all assume Windows and microsoft but there are tools available for the Mac and iOS as well. In addition, there are apps that will make that easier such as Just Join. Typically you will receive an invitation to the meeting that has two links, one of which when clicked on will put a calendar event in your download folder. Double click on that and the event is automatically added to your calendar with all of the information necessary to join the meeting. Just Join is launched and runs in the background monitoring your calendar (with your permission of course), then at a specified time, say five minutes before the meeting a notification banner appears, click on that and Just Join launches and joins the meeting, no further action required on your part. you can also get apps such as Backgrounds for Zoom that provide backgrounds for on line meetings so you other conferees don't see you messy office or the cat lounging on the couch in the background. InstaZoom for Safari is a Safari extension that redirects zoom meetings to an in browser web client so no Zoom app is needed. One challenge I have encountered is the necessity to set the correct audio input and output in the Zoom app whether it is an actual app you have downlloaded or the in-browser version. On my computer it wants to insist that my USB microphone is the OUTPUT as well as input device. I have to reset the output every time. 🤷‍♂️

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard