Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Contact Missing
#56591 10/22/20 05:39 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Anyone have a contact missing out blue?

Just searched in contact my apartment manager. This contact has lot people; emails, info, gone vanished.

So I accidentally deleted it?

ON spotlight search the manager, only her name phone, not rest came up in 'apps", does not say what app that is, though icon had look of contacts.

I added it and now I'm back in action without all rest that was on it.

Now when I search she comes up in "contacts" not apps.

Weird stuff but have to ask, never know... and of course, I don't recall deleting this important contact - but who knows!

Re: Contact Missing
kevs #56592 10/22/20 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by kevs
Anyone have a contact missing out blue?

Just searched in contact my apartment manager. This contact has lot people; emails, info, gone vanished.
You have emails or email addresses stored in Contacts?! If that is actual emails and not just email addresses, I can think of a LOT of apps that would be more appropriate for storing that kind and volume of information. Yojimbo, Evernote, and DevonThink 3 come immediately to mind. If those were email addresses you might have been better off creating a Contacts Group and storing the other names, email addresses, etc.. as individual contact records.

Originally Posted by keys
So I accidentally deleted it?
Since you do use Time Machine you can always restore ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook from a prior time and you will not have lost any data.

While this is closing the barn door after the horse got out and isn't automatic, as Time Machine is, you can also archive your contacts list. (On the Contacts menu bar go to File > Export > Contacts Archive... then to restore File > Import...)

Originally Posted by leys
ON spotlight search the manager, only her name phone, not rest came up in 'apps", does not say what app that is, though icon had look of contacts.
Clicking on an item found in Spotlight will open whatever file it appears in using the the default app for that file type.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: Contact Missing
joemikeb #56594 10/22/20 10:49 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks JOe, "You have emails or email addresses stored in Contacts

Not sure what this means, only things in contacts are the mails I typed in there, not real emails. However, there may be real emails in Mail, from the person who is missing. (But that "app" icon, strangley was not Mail, but contacts, and contacts does not store real emails, oh well..

I do use groups, but I not sure how that pertains to this issue of the one contact missing all of the sudden.

Not crazy about TM option as I don't knew where to go back in Time.. I can't remember when I last adjusted something in Contacts.

I would like, but alas, not possible to just even see individual contacts that might have been deleted or vanished, via, TM but not possible correct without the whole overkill restore?

ie, meaning to say: I don't even think you can see and individual contact in TM without restoring it. right?

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard